The ground-breaking for the new YMCA took place this morning. It will be located at the SE corner of Delaware and South Street and is expected to open by the end of 2015.
More info can be found here: http://wishtv.com/2014/07/16/groundbreaking-held-for-new-downtown-ymca/
Please arrive at 8:00 am for networking. We will have Aryn Schounce from Big Car and Ashley Benner from CityWay to discuss the Indy Do Day project for Stadium Village. We will also have Guy-Jo Gordon, Director of Community Relations for Indy Eleven with us to provide a brief presentation. We will also discuss the Landlord Registry Resolution and take a vote on whether or not we are in support of it. There are lots of things happening in Stadium Village and we look forward to seeing you there.
It’s with a heavy heart that we announce that Tom Cross has passed away. Below are the details of the viewing and funeral.
Road closures will begin between 6:45 am and 7:00 am on Friday July 11, 2014.
· Pennsylvania and Delaware will be closed between McCarty and Washington beginning at 7:00 am.
· Delaware, will remain open as long as possible, but is expected to be closed at South Street by 9:00 am. We hope to maintain one lane of traffic on Delaware the entire time, but that cannot be guaranteed.
· Traffic in the area will be affected until well into the afternoon.
· We recommend that people coming downtown use the Ohio Street and Washington Street exits from the interstate.
Sorry for any confusion, but the meeting on Thursday with CSO for the land use plan is only for the OSNA.
If anyone is interested in submitting comments to the OUCC in support of the BlueIndy car share program, they are due this Friday, June 13th.
Support can be sent as follows:
Consumers who wish to submit written comments in this case may do so via the OUCC’s Website at
www.in.gov/oucc/2361.htm, or by mail, email or fax:
• Mail: Consumer Services Staff
Indiana Office of Utility Consumer Counselor
115 W. Washington St., Suite 1500 South
Indianapolis, IN 46204
• email: uccinfo@oucc.IN.gov
• Fax: (317) 232-5923
Written comments the OUCC receives by June 13, 2014 will be filed with the Commission and included in the case’s formal evidentiary record. Comments should include the consumer’s name, mailing address, and a reference to “IURC Cause No. 44478.”
Attached is a donation request letter for a Back to School Community Fun Day as well as a supply list. Donations can be monetary and/or in-kind. Collection dates are set for June 23-27, 2014 between 11am-5pm at The Salvation Army Fountain Square. Items can be dropped off during this time.