There was some great press recently in the IBJ about all of the upcoming developments here in Stadium Village. Check out the article here –> https://www.ibj.com/articles/69344-downtowns-forgotten-south-side-ready-to-explode
Demolition crews began partial tear‐down this morning of the Emrich’s Furniture Site at Morris and West Street, making way for Good Oil’s adaptive renovations of the storied parcel. For more info on the project, click the press release link below:
Our next Stadium Village Business Association monthly meeting is tomorrow Wednesday, March 21st and will be back at Sacred Heart Parish located on 1125 S. Meridian Street. Doors will open at 8:00 am with coffee and bagels to start your morning. Compliments of Shapiro’s! We will begin promptly at 8:30 am.
We have some great topics you won’t want to miss:
– I-65/70 Discussion and meeting date with INDOT on March 26th
– Liquor Barn hearing update
– Deb Kunce presentation on 4 million dollar Indy Lift Grant
– Evening meeting options
Why join SVBA? By attending our monthly meetings, SVBA members can take advantage of the many opportunities listed below:
– Have a voice/vote on development in our area
– Host an offsite meeting or evening social this summer or fall
– Spotlight your business
– Contact list access for upcoming news and event promotion
– Networking with other business leaders and city officials in the community
**MARK YOUR CALENDAR!**
April 18th – Monthly Meeting – at Citizens Energy (featuring steam plant tour)
May 16th – Monthly Meeting – at Sacred Heart Parish
Below are some historic photos where you can see the former Wood High School (Currently Union525) in the background. Photo taken at 601 South Russell – (the current Prince Alexander Architecture) parking lot.
There will be no meeting tomorrow for the SVBA.
However, there are several topics that we are working on for January.
1) Vince Shimp is planning a development in the 900 block of S. Meridian Street. Vince’s representative presented to our Dev. Comm. earlier this month. Stay tuned for more info. We may have this on the agenda in January.
2) The new City Administration seems to be warming up to us and is willing to meet with us in January. We are presenting a “Live, Work, and Play” development plan to them on Jan. 30th to see if they will implement a TIF district in our area. We will have a rough draft for you at the next meeting in January.
3) Jeff Miller, our City-County Councilman has asked us to weigh in on the digital billboard issue before the City. You can help decide the direction for digital signs in Indy. Here is the new Department of Metropolitan Development (DMD) survey where you can share your thoughts: www.surveymonkey.com/r/indysigns2.
Happy Holidays from your Stadium Village Board!!
Steve Alexander, Tom Dale, John Bragg, and Kevin Martin
Stadium Village gets some attention for the new developments happening in our area. Check out the coverage here–> http://www.wthr.com/article/new-marriott-hotel-to-be-built-across-from-lucas-oil-stadium
Look at the following articles highlighting the developments at the Brougher Building (former Wood High School) and introducing the new neighbors we have in our area: