There was some great press recently in the IBJ about all of the upcoming developments here in Stadium Village. Check out the article here –> https://www.ibj.com/articles/69344-downtowns-forgotten-south-side-ready-to-explode
Letter from the Prez:
Dear Stadium Village,
Next Wednesday April 18th we will be holding our first evening Stadium Village Business Association meeting at Omnisite located at 203 W. Morris St. (See picture below)
We thought we would hold one of these evening meetings once a quarter for folks that have a hard time coming to the morning meetings. Omnisite is graciously hosting this meeting for us in their new facility. Tom Ward, Lindsay, and the crew will be serving light appetizers and refreshments to us. Come and see what Tom has done to this age old building that was once a furniture factory.
The meeting will start at 5:00 pm with 30 minutes of networking and refreshments and our meeting starting at 5:30 pm. You’ll get a glimpse of all the exciting projects in Stadium Village, get an update on the neighborhood from Judith Essex, hear about our Beautification plan for May, and also hear about some new businesses moving to the area.
Hope to see you all there!! Plenty of parking is available on the west side of the building. Thanks for all your support.
Our next Stadium Village Business Association monthly meeting is tomorrow Wednesday, March 21st and will be back at Sacred Heart Parish located on 1125 S. Meridian Street. Doors will open at 8:00 am with coffee and bagels to start your morning. Compliments of Shapiro’s! We will begin promptly at 8:30 am.
We have some great topics you won’t want to miss:
– I-65/70 Discussion and meeting date with INDOT on March 26th
– Liquor Barn hearing update
– Deb Kunce presentation on 4 million dollar Indy Lift Grant
– Evening meeting options
Why join SVBA? By attending our monthly meetings, SVBA members can take advantage of the many opportunities listed below:
– Have a voice/vote on development in our area
– Host an offsite meeting or evening social this summer or fall
– Spotlight your business
– Contact list access for upcoming news and event promotion
– Networking with other business leaders and city officials in the community
**MARK YOUR CALENDAR!**
April 18th – Monthly Meeting – at Citizens Energy (featuring steam plant tour)
May 16th – Monthly Meeting – at Sacred Heart Parish
There will be no meeting tomorrow for the SVBA.
However, there are several topics that we are working on for January.
1) Vince Shimp is planning a development in the 900 block of S. Meridian Street. Vince’s representative presented to our Dev. Comm. earlier this month. Stay tuned for more info. We may have this on the agenda in January.
2) The new City Administration seems to be warming up to us and is willing to meet with us in January. We are presenting a “Live, Work, and Play” development plan to them on Jan. 30th to see if they will implement a TIF district in our area. We will have a rough draft for you at the next meeting in January.
3) Jeff Miller, our City-County Councilman has asked us to weigh in on the digital billboard issue before the City. You can help decide the direction for digital signs in Indy. Here is the new Department of Metropolitan Development (DMD) survey where you can share your thoughts: www.surveymonkey.com/r/indysigns2.
Happy Holidays from your Stadium Village Board!!
Steve Alexander, Tom Dale, John Bragg, and Kevin Martin
With the new administration coming on in the City of Indianapolis, it is unclear what will happen to our current neighborhood liaison. If you are interested in keeping Lisa Laflin on as our neighborhood liaison for the South Center Region please send an email requesting this to email@example.com
Lisa has been a champion for the people of the Stadium Village area and the Old Southside neighborhood by regularly attending meetings and providing us with resources, information and support about anything related to our neighborhood and our needs. She would appreciate any support you can provide.